Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jen Davis

© Jen Davis


I was just taking a look around Jen Davis' website and stumbled on her new work in progress. And I must be honest, I fell in love with it, it is incredibly personal, revealing, and intimate in such a strange way. It also surprisingly for myself in some way was very uncomfortable, which is hard to do. I think about how honest this is to love that exists today, perhaps through meeting a stranger and falling in love or perhaps having a long distance relationship and how we use technology to be able to connect, so we can have the love we want as close as possible.

-Autumn Elizabeth Clark

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just took a look at all of the diptychs she has on her website, they're wonderful. And I have to say typically I'm not drawn to her work much, but these feel so different to me. This feels so real, whereas most of her other photographs to me feel so fake, like they're just a projection of what she thinks she wants to be talking about and not the reality of it. I didn't go to that talk she gave last year, perhaps I'd feel differently if I had.

    ReplyDelete