Sunday, February 28, 2010

Try Harder,


Jason Lazarus, one of the artists I interviewed last semester, just sent me one of his Try Harder posters, and I'm so excited about it!  He's working on an ongoing project where he sends motivational posters to anyone who wants one (just send him the postage!) and in turn posts images made by recipients of the posters in a spaces that needed motivational advice.

 

 

My wall is becoming extremely motivational now!  Lazarus' poster added to the beautiful photographs of your own making! Left to right on my wall, images by: Sarah Moore, Mandie Lousier, Tom Owens, myself, Barbara Vonderhaar, and myself again, plus some exhibit postcards of shows I've seen (Colin Matthes, Amy Stein, America Now, Henry Horenstein, Lisa Olson). 

Many exciting things are about to happen for me, but I don't want to jinx myself and talk about them before they happen...so you'll just have to wait in suspense.  I find myself focusing on so many things other than classes, but I feel like I'll get way more out of those other things in the long run.  I'm trying to get a hold of a voice recorder to start recording some of the artist talks I hear and post them up on here.  We'll see how that pans out...

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment